This page documents general information about organizing the wiki.
Use it's Discussion page to discuss wiki organization.
Current ideas for Wiki pages & organization
Feel free to edit and adjust! Please add references to pages here when you created them.
- One page for every module & view in SkyTemple. In addition one page for the Randomizer, SkyTemple in general and the SkyTemple Script Engine Debugger
- Version 1.6. of SkyTemple and the Randomizer will contain help buttons that will link to wiki pages. See SkyTemple:UI-Link for info.
- The module pages should link to related help as listed below.
- Migrate the list and documentation of SSB opcodes and the ExplorerScript language reference to this wiki
- Documentation of special processes, coroutines
- Documentation of scenes, map backgrounds
- One page per bundled hack, a list page for them.
- Migrate useful info from the Discord server: user-docs, tech-docs, linked Google docs, useful pinned posts...
- Other FAQ content should be migrated here
Once we get some of these things rolling we should setup categories and templates and take care of the Main Page acting as a hub, etc.
Ideas for categories:
- SkyTemple how to's
- Can range from short pages explaining how to use certain parts of the program to technical posts about, say, setting up the development environment or contributing to the repos.
- Technical information
- Tutorials - Not just SkyTemple tutorials, other relevant things could be added too, such as:
- How to contribute to this wiki
- How to make and apply XDelta patches
- How to calculate the checksum of a ROM
- How to extract and repack a ROM
- How to make an ASM patch and apply it with armips
- How to make a skypatch
- Variables like $PERFORMANCE_PROGRESS_LIST values
- Lists that document non-trivial values (unused moves, sound effect list, etc.)
Don't hesitate to link to pages that don't exist yet!
Useful pages for page editors
- SkyTemple:Icons - How to use SkyTemple UI iconagraphy inside of articles.